Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Very Sad News For Narrow Gauge Steam Preservaton Out Of Fish Camp, California!

March 11, 2017 09:44PM
Nice tribute Martin. Back in 1995 Les Jarrett and I were working on our 2nd America By Raiil Video. We went in April to do the "West Coast Route". The challenge was to find some tourist ops open that early. Neither of us was that familiar with this little railroad but we were told by Max on the phone to come on and give them a try. Max was a good host and set-up for Les to do a cab ride in 15, while I was trailing one of those Model T railcars on a trailer sitting on a milk box shooting video of the 15 running behind me. We got a good supply of footage both on the train, engine, ahead of it, and on the ground. It made for a very enjoyable 5 minute(That was all we allowed for each side-trip) break from the Amtrak Journey to Seattle. It was a lot "Cooler" railroad than we imagined. We also of course shot some of Yosemite Park for the show as we tried to include one in all the shows. That was way back in 1995. Hard to believe its been 22 years next month. Clear signals Max! We appreciated the hospitality!
Greg Scholl

PS I just remembered we used a shot of 15 (Shot by Pat Barry) on the cover of the jacket with our shot of Mt Shasta. Here it is.
[www.gregschollvideo.com]
Subject Author Posted

Very Sad News For Narrow Gauge Steam Preservaton Out Of Fish Camp, California! Attachments

LOGGERHOGGER March 11, 2017 11:18AM

Re: Very Sad News For Narrow Gauge Steam Preservaton Out Of Fish Camp, California!

John Cole March 11, 2017 02:54PM

LooseCaboose March 15, 2017 02:36PM

Greg Scholl March 11, 2017 09:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login