Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Boxcar Betty's Retirement Train

October 19, 2016 09:41AM avatar
Thank you all for your kind words! The D&SNG has been good to me and I have made many friends. Some of them have become life-long friends and many have lasted just a season or two, but they all played an important role in my life. Many friends and family rode the retirement train and it was a beautiful day.

When asked if I'd like the standard retirement gold pocket watch, I instead requested a necklace depicting the mountains and the train. Jeff Ellingson designed the piece and a local jeweler crafted it. There is a diamond star set in the blue Lapis sky with local quartz shimmering as the snowy mountains. The train and trees were sculpted in silver as well as the border design. It is a beautiful piece that I will treasure and always keep me connected to this train! To add to the memories I will carry with me, Carol and Al personally gave me a beautiful Ben Nighthorse Campbell design cuff bracelet that is being custom made for me. I also received a Lifetime Pass (#40) to ride the D&SNG. I have been blessed.

When I stopped to think about my longevity with the train, I realized that I am the longest employed FEMALE staffer in the 135 year history of the Durango to Silverton line! How 'bout that?

My retirement goal is to step away from the computer and desk and spend more time 'getting lost' whenever I can, but I will check back on the NGDF periodically! You can stay abreast of my wanderings on my photo website DurangoExposures or on my Facebook page Durango Exposures.

Thanks again for all your support and for keeping steam training alive.
Yvonne aka Boxcar Betty (Did you all know that for over 20 years my office was a boxcar? Hence the name. Betty?... Boxcar Yvonne just didn't have the right ring to it smiling smiley )
Subject Author Posted

Boxcar Betty's Retirement Train Attachments

Bill M. October 16, 2016 06:52PM

round_house October 16, 2016 06:54PM

Re: Boxcar Betty's Retirement Train Attachments

Bill M. October 16, 2016 06:56PM

Samart October 16, 2016 08:43PM

drgwk37 October 17, 2016 05:43AM

Jason Rose October 17, 2016 08:47AM

george pearce October 17, 2016 03:09PM

employee2 October 18, 2016 03:09AM

BoxcarBetty October 19, 2016 09:41AM

Greg Scholl October 19, 2016 05:41PM

Re: Boxcar Betty's Retirement Train . . . thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco October 19, 2016 11:39PM

jcpatten October 20, 2016 05:13AM

BoxcarBetty October 20, 2016 10:05AM

Re: Boxcar Betty's boxcar

John West October 20, 2016 03:09PM

Re: Boxcar Betty's boxcar

dougvv October 20, 2016 03:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login