Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lodging and restaurants in Williams

June 03, 2003 09:25AM
Dear Mr. Armstrong
For staying in the Williams area may I suggest you be very careful. Many of the chains realize the market they are in and charge accordingly. The advantage is they meet national chain standards. The small motel/hotel owners are a shot in the dark as to what type of room you will receive. My suggestion is to see the room before you rent it. If they are not willing to show it I would not stay.
For your dinning pleasure it’s a different story. I had a lot of good luck. Pine Country at Railroad and Grand Canyon Blvd was a favorite for any part of the day. It’s across the street from the Old freight depot/visitor center. Old Smokey’s is good for breakfast. If its Mexican food you like I’d consider Rosa’s Cantina is just north of the Depot. Across from Pine Country is Poncho Migilicuties. I also found Cruiser’s on Route 6 and 3rd street to be satisfactory. A couple of new restaurants have moved into town since I left so I can not report on them. With the towns dependence upon the tourist trade you can be treated like a tourist particularly in the area of price. After arriving, I would talk to several people about restaurants to see what consensus you find.
One other thing, if you do ride and Bernie Hiemenez is your brakeman or conductor please remember to call him your honor. He is the vice-mayor in town so if the vice is not up to the appropriate standard please let him know.
Robby
Subject Author Posted

Not NG, but . . . steam trains out West

Jim Armstrong May 31, 2003 11:31AM

Re: Not NG, but . . . steam trains out West

John Craft May 31, 2003 12:29PM

Les Clark May 31, 2003 03:31PM

Mike Ramsey May 31, 2003 03:42PM

Another family vacation . . . but definitely NG!

James R. Temple May 31, 2003 11:03PM

Ted Miles May 31, 2003 11:05PM

Not only not ng., but not trains

John West May 31, 2003 11:49PM

Grand Canyon

Hoss June 01, 2003 06:40AM

Re: Not only not ng., but not trains

Ed Lowrnce June 01, 2003 06:43AM

Re: Not only not ng., but not trains

Mike Ramsey June 01, 2003 10:25AM

Better be safe and call

Greg Scholl June 01, 2003 07:42AM

Glen Brewer June 01, 2003 01:40PM

Robby Peartree June 02, 2003 04:26PM

Jim Armstrong June 02, 2003 04:58PM

Lodging and restaurants in Williams

Robby Peartree June 03, 2003 09:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.