Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP? What Are The Orig. LIMA SHAY Builders Plate Dimensions? (w/Pics)

September 29, 2016 06:30AM
I do not know what you mean by a "non Lima Shay" plate. Do you mean a copy of a Lima Shay plate.

Be aware that all copies of builder's plates are NOT always smaller in dimension than the originals. I have a foundry that makes plates for me for engines we are restoring and the process they used turn out plates that are the exact same size as the originals.

There are many ways to spot fake plates, you need to know that the size of the plate is not necessarily a litmus test.

We covered the origins of these 2 plates over at RYPN.

Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 06:31AM by LOGGERHOGGER.
Subject Author Posted

CAN ANYONE HELP? What Are The Orig. LIMA SHAY Builders Plate Dimensions? (w/Pics)

steam.loco.notion September 27, 2016 01:54PM

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP? What Are The Orig. LIMA SHAY Builders Plate Dimensions? (w/Pics)

LOGGERHOGGER September 29, 2016 06:30AM

trainrider47 September 29, 2016 01:16PM

LOGGERHOGGER September 29, 2016 02:42PM

hudsonut1 October 01, 2016 06:49PM

Ted miles October 05, 2016 09:17PM

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP? What Are The Orig. LIMA SHAY Builders Plate Dimensions? (w/Pics) Attachments

LOGGERHOGGER October 07, 2016 06:54AM

J.B.Bane October 10, 2016 11:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login