Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "Hollywood's Railroads" Needs Photos From Current Movie Shoot

September 21, 2016 01:08PM
It was an incredible experience, and was far more intricate than I had imagined. They set a basecamp up for the extras and cast in the Chama fair grounds and then bussed us over to the railroad using the C&T busses and some really nice vans. I am not allowed to talk about the scene that we filmed... they made us all sign confidentiality agreements ahead of time regarding the plot of the film. The movie is called Hostiles and stars Christian Bale (who was on set filming for the majority of the day). I spend most of the day either on the train or boarding the train around the main characters as they shared dialogue with each other.

They repainted the Chama depot a muted brown color and had green trim and spent a lot of time decorating it for the time period...more than it already is smiling smiley. The first thing that we did was move the train up and down the yard filming a portion and I was on-board. The train was pulled by 484 and had the RPO and two regular passenger cars, all painted green and re-lettered for the "Great Northern Railway". Almost the majority of the filming took place on the house track closest to the depot which they cleared for the film. Most of the filming also took place on the freight end of the depot and the gift shop was used for the directors area.

There were about 160 extras on the set yesterday, all of us dressed in period costume. We had to drive to Santa Fe two weeks ago to get fitted for our costumes.

It was an incredible experience, despite the 15 hour work day. We clocked in at 4am and left at about 8:00 at night. I am exhausted. Any more questions?
Subject Author Posted

"Hollywood's Railroads" Needs Photos From Current Movie Shoot

larryjensen September 19, 2016 02:08PM

durangokid123 September 20, 2016 08:12PM

larryjensen September 20, 2016 08:24PM

durangokid123 September 21, 2016 01:08PM

durangokid123 September 21, 2016 01:10PM

larryjensen September 22, 2016 11:42AM

durangokid123 September 22, 2016 04:43PM

guymonmd September 20, 2016 09:38PM

et&wnc September 22, 2016 01:44PM

Casey Akin September 22, 2016 09:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login