Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Reflections!

June 13, 2016 09:57PM avatar
There may be a volunteer fire group that could fill Lake Lobatto...smileys with beer

I only aim to please with my videos. As for the scene at Coxo, we sat there for probably 30 minutes waiting for the shot. When the train arrived at Cumbres, we were still on the return trip from Osier and it started raining. We decided to run down to the crossing, and heard the engine whistle off. I seem to remember shortly after hearing a stop whistle, and 10 minutes or so later another go. I dont believe they were taking on water but could be wrong. We watched the engine snake down Windy Point, but it was raining too hard at that point to stick the camera out the window. About half way down the hill, it was raining hard enough for me to close all the windows and I feared the shot was lost. just as the engine was comin' round the bend, the rain let up. We rolled down the windows and shut off the truck. The camera was on a tripod with all the legs collapsed, and sitting in my lap. With the combination of the cold, the rain and me worrying about the shot, I was somewhat shaking. Somehow, the video was decent, and made the cut.

Casey
Subject Author Posted

Reflections!

Casey Akin June 12, 2016 11:39PM

Russo Loco June 13, 2016 08:32PM

Casey Akin June 13, 2016 09:57PM

Greg Scholl June 14, 2016 08:49AM

Casey Akin June 14, 2016 04:41PM

Greg Scholl June 14, 2016 09:41PM

Casey Akin June 14, 2016 09:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login