Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Durango shop activity

December 24, 2015 10:25AM avatar
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I am still alive and well and lurking on the NGDF regularly! It is nice to be missed. I just don't have a lot of time to post unless something is REALLY urgent and regards the DSNG. I was gone last week to attend my son's graduation from CSU Ft. Collins...yes, the son that was in that horrible car accident in March 2013 that so many of you so graciously sent thoughts and prayers for us. Even after losing a semester he healed well and came back stronger (an smarter?) and graduated with honors.
To add to what Jeff said, we've got the 473, 478 and 481 in service. Work continues on 480 (flues being rolled, draw bar holes being bored, lots of running gear work to be done) 482 (firebox throat sheet cout out and front flue sheet prepped for refitting, driver box and wheel work continues) 486 (taken apart for guide, cylinder, piston, crosshead work). Caboose 0540 and Flanger OF (airline being plumbed through car) being tested.
Hope this keeps you filled in for awhile! I'll try to be better at making time to share info.
Merry Christmas Eve!
Subject Author Posted

Durango shop activity

george pearce December 22, 2015 06:20PM

Jeff Taylor December 22, 2015 10:54PM

John C December 23, 2015 09:31AM

BoxcarBetty December 24, 2015 10:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login