Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Looking for info Maude Monroe mine aka The Hukill Mine

August 28, 2015 02:52PM avatar
Very interesting photo, Ken's colour view shows the Alma Lincoln Mill intact with the Maud Monroe adit Orebin and trestle over the new Hwy 6&40.
Harry Brunk in the Gazette series in a later issue, had questioned his belief if the new Headframe was initially orange.

[digital.denverlibrary.org]
DonnaJ new Headframe.JPG

I wondered same given this 1950 photo of the destroyed Alma Lincoln Mill. It looks Black to me. Finding photos of this area hasn't been easy.

[digital.denverlibrary.org]
OldHeadframeDonnaJuanita.JPG

As close as I can date this picture is at the very end of the C&S or soon after abandonment. The dump trestle from the old Headframe to the dump on the right that straddled the C&S mainline has gone as has the Salisbury Mill.

In either iteration, I have yet to see anything that shows the C&S had a siding to this Mine.

EDIT: After examining another earlier picture taken from above the Stanley Shafthouse looking towards Idaho Springs.
It is apparent that the new highway 6&40 in the above enlarged DPL picture was actually built on the grade of the C&S at the location seen in the background therefore confirming my thoughts that the picture was taken post-abandonment.
More on this subject can be found in the following thread Stanley Mills: Part Two. Salisbury Mill and Donna Juanita Mine. over at the [c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 04:50AM by Chris Walker.
Subject Author Posted

Looking for info Maude Monroe mine aka The Hukill Mine

Jerry August 26, 2015 06:15AM

Chris Walker August 26, 2015 06:49AM

bcp August 26, 2015 10:03AM

Jerry August 26, 2015 04:00PM

Re: Looking for info Maude Monroe mine aka The Hukill Mine Attachments

Chris Walker August 28, 2015 05:54AM

Ken Martin August 28, 2015 07:29AM

Chris Walker August 28, 2015 02:52PM

Jerry August 28, 2015 03:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login