Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG: A brief status update on ATSF 3463

August 06, 2015 09:42AM
This is correct in that this is what was published in the local paper. However, as can be the case when reporting is done, there are factual mistakes in this article. For instance, dedication was not November 1963 but November 1956. This is supported by this same reporting paper during that very year.
It is a fact that the mentioned lawsuit has been expanded to include the City of Topeka as a defendant. The KS Attorney Generals office has now joined the process with a claim that the original sale between the city and Santa Fe is that of a trust and as such, the transfer of assets must follow certain rules.
I also will share that ALL Santa Fe locomotives that were donated were done so to Municipalities because of IRS Tax Law at the time. Since that time, following State and Local law, title has been transferred to other organizations at some of these locations. However, here in Topeka, there is no recorded line showing any type of a transfer.
It is also a fact that the City of Topeka (until recently) responded to official inquiries, that at no time were they the owner nor had they ever sold or given the locomotive to any one or organization.
So this gets me to my main point, this whole issue is very clouded and this is one reason that judgment has still not been rendered. The whole thing is about as messy and intertwined as a bowl of spaghetti.

Phil Dittmer
Subject Author Posted

NNG: A brief status update on ATSF 3463

pd3463 August 06, 2015 07:49AM

Jeff Taylor August 06, 2015 08:25AM

Chris Webster August 06, 2015 09:02AM

pd3463 August 06, 2015 09:42AM

The Question of Ownership

Ron Keagle August 06, 2015 05:36PM

Re: The Question of Ownership

pd3463 August 06, 2015 06:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login