Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Denver DRG Station 1871-1879

June 13, 2015 04:23AM
Jeff,
The particular depot that I have in question was on Wynkoop street between Eleventh and Twelfth street, I believe it to be their first building 1871-.I believe the Cherry Creek flood ended its function as a station. The ticket office was at 250 16th street and the Freight depot on southwest corner Wynkoop and 19th street.By 1877 it seems all three were operating from the same spot, southwest corner Wynkoop and 19th.

The DRG moved in with the DSP&P and shared their depot for a while. I think you may be showing me images of that building as it was a stone structure.Meanwhile the DSP&P moved in with the Colorado Central until the Union Station opened.

I think what I was saying about the telegraph office is a nonsense. My reckoning at this point is that it was either a small post office or maybe even the DRG ticket office, providing that it was only a small wooden structure 13 feet wide at the time as it is now.I would like to gather further information on that building as well.

I found it interesting that the ticket office was elswhere for the current building that I am researching appeared in 1879-80 but did not it seems have a ticket window until one was installed around 1885, so revealed because of train timetables dated such from another railroad in the ticket window wall cavity.

Another small revelation for me today was finding out that the freight depot was at a different address. I have known for some time that the freight room on the building that I am researching was added to the building at the same time as its reestablishment but that clearly, it was not a part of the original Depot.

The hieght of the semaphore hole that was covered in the end wall indicates that the building probably had a hipped roof originally.
Thanks for your efforts,
John
Subject Author Posted

Denver DRG Station 1871-1879

John Droste2 June 11, 2015 04:24PM

Re: Denver DRG Station 1871-1879 Attachments

Jeff Ramsey June 12, 2015 09:27PM

John Droste2 December 04, 2016 03:49PM

John Droste2 June 13, 2015 04:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login