Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: D&RGW trackwork articles moved

April 15, 2015 02:56AM

D&RGW switch drawings from the engineers office are available from the CRRM library. I have several in my Track notebook. keith

Well, that is actually the problem as I've pointed out in the article: if you build a switch from a D&RGW drawing, it's far from reality (at least for narrow gauge D&RGW)

I've inspected countless turnouts to find out the variances of the tie layout. The turnout #41 in the Chama yard is a typical, average turnout,
so this is a CAD drawing representing the reality and the article also gives some information about the observed variances.

The stub turnout (Rockwood) is a rare turnout, so it can only be assumed, that it is a typical stub turnout (Please let me now about other still existing stub turnouts).

Similiar for the the dual gauge turnout, it's a reconstruction, the original ties are still in place and one can see where the 3rd rail once was. That the first frog was shortened is only an assumption, it might have also been the case, that the second frog was shortened or both. (two 15' long #8.5 frogs don't fit in a row)

Christian
Subject Author Posted

D&RGW trackwork articles moved

Christian Romberg April 14, 2015 07:07AM

nedsn3 April 14, 2015 10:53AM

Jeff Young April 14, 2015 05:11PM

rdmstr April 14, 2015 05:32PM

Christian Romberg April 15, 2015 02:56AM

Paul Schmidt April 17, 2015 03:47AM

DakotaRed May 28, 2018 07:38PM

DakotaRed May 29, 2018 10:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login