Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bridges

February 24, 2003 05:35PM
David:
No, this is a large book and has not been replicated. I will probably publish it through the Rio Grande Modeling & Historical Society. Things that are posted on this site have a way of ending up in books without proper credit.
D&RGW and RGS records are spead to the winds. Some are in public locations (Denver Library, Colorado RR Museum, etc.). Some are in private hands (including mine). Some people (including some here) feel that they have a right to these as the feel they are public records. Problem with that idea is that it takes a lot of time, money,and effort to find these records. Sometimes you have to purchase them from others. There are many examples of data being stolen, misused, not properly credited, etc. The people who do this are only hurting themselves and the whole D&RGW/RGS community. Some who have data, photos, etc. would rather see them destroyed than used by these folks. This is a nasty problem that has been going on since the 50s and I am afraid that a lot of material will remain buried or even destroyed. Personally, I plan to share as much of my material as I can...but at a time and place of my chosing and with my name on the cover (that doesn't mean much, but it is a partial reward for the hours spent in dimly lit basements going through dusty files).
Subject Author Posted

Bridges

David Fluit February 23, 2003 11:19AM

Jerry Day February 23, 2003 04:30PM

David Fluit February 24, 2003 04:06PM

Jerry Day February 24, 2003 05:35PM

David Fluit February 24, 2003 05:53PM

Jerry Day February 24, 2003 06:10PM

Data Pirates

WP&Y Mike February 24, 2003 09:00PM

Re: Data Pirates

Jerry Day February 25, 2003 07:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.