Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Art Wallace

January 18, 2015 08:14PM avatar
I also vaguely remember Art Wallace conversing with my grandfather at Little Town Hobbies but more so seeing him and conversing with him at numerous train shows and conventions as he was a consistant vendor displaying and selling his numerous drawings of the Mason "Double Truck Locomotive". I will never forget after High School I scratched up enough money to purchase my first set of those drawings whom he promptly sent. To my amazement he not only sent those drawings but also sent back the money order I purchased for those drawings. I don't know how many hours I studied those drawings learning how a steam locomotive was engineered. Those first purchase of his drawings have been lost but I still have that returned money order. That model that Art helped Mike prototypicaly paint, DSP&PRR, 2-8-6t "Denver" was the major influence for my most favorite affection and interest in the narrow gauged Denver South Park and Pacific and early 1880s modeling and research although as said Mike's paint scheme is incorrect but what a beautiful model. I later enjoyed briefly talking with Art at a few early Denver South Park & Pacific Historical Society conventions as he was a big reason that I joined. His articles and research of the early years of the DSP&P in the "Bogies and the Loop", the DSP&PHS newsletter where outstanding. Art suffered a stroke a few years ago and was unable to attend such conventions There is so much I wanted to ask him about and we may never know...

I will remember Art as a friendly, very intelligent, top-notch master engineer, draughtsman, author, model builder and personal role model as a historical railroad researcher.

What a great guy. He will be missed....

187-0.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Art Wallace

weston1879 January 16, 2015 05:42PM

round_house January 17, 2015 12:56PM

philip.marshall January 17, 2015 01:08PM

Re: Art Wallace Attachments

MD Ramsey January 18, 2015 01:00PM

Re: Art Wallace Attachments

Jeff Ramsey January 18, 2015 08:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login