Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Dadgumit!!!!

November 22, 2014 08:52PM
This has always been an ongoing problem. Even on chartered excursions people will go past photo lines. The best way to handle it is to nicely ask people "to step back so we can all get a clear picture" Then thank them. If your a long way from your shot, all you can do is yell, please get out of the the way. Most people will then look at you like your crazy. I've had people standing at the crossing near Dalton flip me off when I've asked them to step back. Not much you can do about it. What is really aggravating, is when the people run in front of you and aren't taking pictures, or they say," I've got as much right to be here as you do".
We don't own the roads. On a Rocky Club C&TS excursion many years ago we had two men out of Florida that were taking "professional" videos. They constantly went past the established photo lines, that my son and I set up, saying they were professional photographers and had a right to get clear shots. On the third run by my son and I picked them up from behind and literally dragged them back behind the photo line. Luckily we were bigger than they were. They raised hell, but the Club trip chair and the C&TS crew threatened to put them off the train at Los Pinos if they didn't behave. One of the old Rocky Club members, John Maxwell, used to throw rocks at them. Nikon and other mfgs. don't make a people filter. Most casual train chasers don't know the protocols.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 08:59PM by HighCommander.
Subject Author Posted

Dadgumit!!!! Attachments

davidtltc November 22, 2014 07:43PM

HighCommander November 22, 2014 08:52PM

Casey Akin November 22, 2014 10:41PM

Steve Thompson November 23, 2014 05:26AM

Greg Scholl November 23, 2014 06:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login