Advanced

Re: nng Driggs and Victor

September 03, 2014 10:39PM
Andrew Roth Wrote:
=======================================================
> Hi,
> Are both the depots in Driggs and Victor still
> standing? I saw them in the late 1990s. Have you
> seen John's photo of the Victor depot?
>
> [www.railpictures.net]
> 2&nseq=0

Oh Andrew, rip my heart out, I have longed for a book that would have a photo of anything about the line in that Valley, What a beautiful spot for an excursion railroad and though they saved the right of way for something, it tears me apart every year that we go up there to see joggers and bicyclists using it instead of having rails and ties and an OSL Steam Engine running on it. It would be perfect for a Big Boy to travel on too, because all the way from Tetonia through Driggs and to Victor it is straight as a whistle. Wow and to think that John West had been out there photographing this line at one time, I wonder if John will chime in, what I would Give to visit with anyone that had seen any types of Engines on that line.

I have Visited with my Wife's parents and asked them if they had any photo's of trains on the line and they say what a waste of time why would anyone want to take pictures of trains, we have better things to do, like raising our families, growing potato's and Barley, rather than chasing trains. Yes I am a Black Sheep son in law by some means in their eyes but thank heavens they do put up with me pretty good.

Thanks again Andrew for sharing that short cut, and yes the Victor Station is still standing last I knew there was an artist that was using it as his studio, not sure if it has changed, I know that it was a restaurant at one time too. I believe that the Driggs station was torn down quite recent, I did see it standing in I believe 2001 the first year we went up Darby Canyon and we hiked to the Wind Caves half way, we didn't make it to the end where the Ice Caves are, we turned around cuz my step son who was 12 at the time was getting a little nervous on the tightness of the wind cave and then having all that cold wind blowing in your face as you are climbing through them didn't help him in a short sleeve shirt. As you can tell I am a Spelunker too, have all the gear and ropes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Still a Student,

Dave
Subject Author Posted

Craigs list - wood box and/or refer available

dougvv September 01, 2014 07:39AM

Re: Craigs list - wood box and/or refer available

davidtltc September 01, 2014 09:01AM

Brian Norden September 01, 2014 09:26AM

nng Driggs and Victor

Andrew Roth September 03, 2014 05:09PM

davidtltc September 03, 2014 10:39PM

Andrew Roth September 04, 2014 05:01PM

davidtltc September 04, 2014 05:34PM

Mark Valerius September 03, 2014 08:17PM

davidtltc September 03, 2014 10:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login