Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mixed Marketing. Ideas needed

January 19, 2003 11:20AM
There has been a lot of conversation lately about marketing and what needs to be done. This is something we have been trying the last couple of years and it has been successful so far.
Today was the first attempt thanks to New Mexico Elk Hunts. On the outdoor channel was a video of a Elk hunt here in our valley from fall of 2003. It was a "Discover The Outdoors" Video. Unlike most hunting videos at the beginning they spent a little time with video of our scenery and the railroad yard and a little bit about our railroad. I have discussed this with some of the other outfitters both fishing and hunting about doing the same thing. Now that this video is out and has played on TV it should be easier to get them to participate.
This already is starting to work. I had 7 hunters booked last week and 3 gave me there home numbers so I can call them as soon as I get a train schedule so they can bring there families to ride the train. What we have been doing is giving all of our hunting guests a train brochure & we have 2 C&TSRR screensavers with sound going all the time one upstairs and one downstairs.
We have been very surprised at the number of guests who come for other reasons that didn't even know about our train. Once they get their walking tour of the yard and their brochure and see the C&TSRR screensaver many plan a trip back to ride or if the season is on, they stay an extra day to ride. I plan on approaching the new operator about participating in some mixed marketing with our Chamber.
The idea is if guests show up for the train ride get them to stay and do other things, or if they come for the other things get them to stay and ride the train.
We are now into the 2nd year our chamber has been pushing for other things not just the train. The chamber has a 100+ page web site. Take a look and if you have any ideas please let me know. Click on the link below to check out the chamber site. Our brochure is designed to take advantage of many things in our valley, it is also available on the chamber site.
..................................aatrainsignature.gif
Subject Author Posted

Mixed Marketing. Ideas needed

roger hogan January 19, 2003 11:20AM

Re: Mixed Marketing. Ideas needed

Frank Martindell January 19, 2003 12:05PM

Thanks Frank

roger hogan January 19, 2003 12:17PM

Jerry Day January 19, 2003 02:48PM

South Park January 19, 2003 09:10PM

RichB January 19, 2003 10:32PM

Frank Martindell January 21, 2003 11:15AM

Larry January 21, 2003 02:09PM

South Park January 21, 2003 09:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.