Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: D&RGW Roundhouse Question

August 06, 2014 01:30AM avatar
Jim,
As no-one else has replied, I offer you these observations.
Cimarron had two sheds, the original at 4 stalls plus a boiler room at the left rear most similar in overall construction with a steeper sloping roofline to the 2 stall Silverton and a 5 stall that was lost to fire in the 20's. I haven't seen a photo of the last shed but Trails/Columbine '89 has one in-close picture that could be taken at Cimarron, pg32 but shows a different fascia over the doors with a considerably lower roofline than the original. The Sargent's 6 stall shed with a roofline of lesser slope did not have the boiler room nor can I see a personel door on the rightside near the front like the original at Cimarron.
The Sargent's had three windows per side visible in Borneman's Marshall Pass and Trails/Columbine '90. There were 6 small dia stovepipe, 5 rectangular louvered shed(chicken Coop) style ventilators and 5 sloped wooden chimney vents visible on the roof. Cimarron only had the four larger dia stacks plus the tall boiler fluepipe. Windows are visible per stall at the rear of Cimarron's original shed. The Cimarron, like the Silverton was fed from turnouts, Sargents and Placer/Russel had a Turntable. Finally the 1890 map of Sargent shows a drawing of 7 stalls, maybe a draughtsman's error perhaps?

One last thing, I've never seen a picture of a K-36/7 other than outside the Sargent's on the TT or alongside on the wye. The Sanborn W-3577 picture in Trails/Columbine 90 is dated 1926, again in Dorman's Gunnison and listed date at 1930's, supposedly from DPL although I have failed to turn it up ...yet... smiling smiley
There appears to be no differentiating from 1935 Richard B. Jackson photo in the Borneman's Marshall Pass either and Otto Pery's 1939 photo show no difference either.

[digital.denverlibrary.org]

[www.hoquathobbies.com]
[www.hoquathobbies.com]

Hoping this may provoke some banter...smiling smiley

Chris
in New Zealand
Subject Author Posted

D&RGW Roundhouse Question

jim pallow July 31, 2014 06:18PM

Chris Walker August 06, 2014 01:30AM

bonefish August 06, 2014 06:00AM

davidtltc August 06, 2014 06:13AM

jim pallow August 06, 2014 05:05PM

Re: D&RGW Roundhouse Question Attachments

Bob Meckley August 06, 2014 06:58PM

Jimmy Blouch August 06, 2014 07:34PM

Re: D&RG Roundhouse at Cimarron Attachments

Chris Walker August 07, 2014 02:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login