Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: CT&S child age requirements

June 25, 2014 08:26AM avatar
Andy,
We just got back from our visit there with 3 grade-schoolers. Here are some suggestions:

-- Be sure to visit the Junior Engineer page and print off both the question PDF and the Certificate PDF, and bring pen/pencils for your kids to fill out the questions as they go along. Your Docent will "grade" the questions at Osier after lunch and give your kids a pin.

Junior Engineer Program

-- Be sure to bring eye protection for your kids, or buy them either at the station or on the train. There was a kid who was getting his eyes flushed out about 10 minutes into the ride. The C&TS glasses fit all ages nicely, are a nice little souvenir, and only cost $4 each.

-- Our kids spent a lot of time moving between their seats, the open car, and the vestibules. I stayed with them the entire time so that they did not become a nuisance to the other passengers, and tried to limit their movement. With that said, I'd rather they spend some time moving around and enjoying the ride than sitting quietly hating it...

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to relate more of my experience. I hope to share some pictures and video soon, but I'm still trying to get back into full swing here at work. We had an awesome trip from Chama to Antonito. Our engine had all 4 of her sanding tubes block up. The resulting struggle up the grade made for a great show!

Mark Fuller
Subject Author Posted

CT&S child age requirements

Andrew Roth June 24, 2014 11:56PM

RichB June 25, 2014 07:00AM

John Bush June 25, 2014 07:20AM

Andrew Roth June 25, 2014 11:25AM

John Bush June 25, 2014 01:02PM

Andrew Roth June 25, 2014 09:03PM

Mark Fuller June 25, 2014 08:26AM

davidtltc June 25, 2014 08:43AM

Mark Fuller June 25, 2014 08:53AM

NGJunkie June 25, 2014 01:47PM

Dave Boyer June 27, 2014 02:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login