Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Help, please -- with Baldwin 8-18C lokes.

June 25, 2014 10:49AM avatar
Sorry I did not get a chance to reply to your post sooner.

What details are you looking for specifically? Are you looking for photos/drawings of the brake hanger arrangement on the frame, or of the brake shoes? or? Not only will I send you whatever photos I have handy, I'll make sure to get them posted on PacificNG for future reference.

I did go over to the NCNG museum yesterday to photograph the brake arrangement on NCNG #5 which has a tender frame built from Baldwin drawings. The only trouble is the NCNG rebuilt the brake arrangement and it retained little of the original arrangement. The brake beams should be close enough and I know I have photos of those somewhere as I assembled the beams currently on the locomotive. A few years ago I shot a full set of images from "Sonoma" at CSRM but I am not sure what brake details I photographed, I will check that later today.

That said, I have a number of 8-18C related Baldwin drawings that I bought scans of from CSRM. I am not certain I have the brake drawing, but I think I know someone who does. You could always order a copy of this drawing from them if all else fails.

Andrew Brandon
A fixture here since Y2k.
[www.pacificng.com]
[www.spnghs.org]

"An end to red domes in our lifetime!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 10:50AM by Andrew Brandon.
Subject Author Posted

Help, please -- with Baldwin 8-18C lokes. Attachments

RCW June 21, 2014 06:55PM

Andrew Brandon June 25, 2014 10:49AM

RCW June 26, 2014 03:20PM

GeorgeGaskill June 26, 2014 06:45PM

Andrew Brandon June 27, 2014 02:03PM

RCW June 28, 2014 06:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login