Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Other 3 Foot Roads

December 24, 2002 12:29AM
I got my bug for 3' stuff by way of the South Park. A friend lived down Pagosa and Ft. Garland way. Was always talkin' 'bout the "Dee and Arr-Gee". I never got down that way, and it just didn't spark my interest. I liked the early South Park locomotives so much better, and the terrain was so familiar. It wasn't until someone over at Silverwood working on their 3' steam told me about this board that I really started paying hard attention to a broader spectrum of more things narrow gauge. I want to personally thank any and all of you who regularly (and irregularly) share your knowledge, thoughts, hunches, and crazy speculations that fill my brain and cause me much contentedness! From hard data and crew call sheets to personal stories and those anecdotes from old timers I'll never meet. Jerry, you obviously bare a wealth of knowledge like many here. Some may bitch. The "hobby" is flush with "foamers". Enjoy, share, let it roll off your back. Lots of us really enjoy the cornucopia available here, and if not for those more knowledgeable than the likes of me, this place would be much poorer for it. Thank you all. Happy Holidays! B.
Subject Author Posted

Happy Holidays

Jerry Day December 20, 2002 10:36AM

Hang in there, Jerry

Mike Trent December 21, 2002 05:24PM

Re: Happy Holidays and Amen!

Rick Steele December 23, 2002 08:04AM

Other 3 Foot Roads

South Park December 24, 2002 12:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.