Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Greg's Films

December 05, 2002 09:15AM
Mike....Internet is great isn't it. Things get blown out of proportion and the meanings changed.
Your comment on the DVD.... I will probably do it on DVD, but make VHS available as well. At least that is my plan today. The VHS may employ the same sleeve as the DVD though, to save some costs.
I don't need 1000 more VHS boxes in storage to go with the tens of thousands I already have.
Les...Your comments about promotion through video boxes reminded me of a situation pertinent to this discussion. Around 10 years I was shooting some video at a well known railroad museum, and I made a visit to the gift shop. They had a video that had Norfolk and Western 611 on the cover, so naturally I was interested. I think it was called "Steam Magic" or some generic title. As it turns out 611 isn't even in the video, but the video is all about The Flying Scotsmans Tour of Australia!!!!! The shrewd distributors figured a shot of 611 would sell more than a shot of the Flying Scotsman I suppose. Now what really irked me was I couldn't get that same museum to sell my video which had THEIR train in it!! I guess I should have put 611 on the cover instead, eh!
On a similar theme, in 1992 we were out for the Craft Charters, and upon the last train of the seasons arrival in Chama, I went to the concession car and asked for a T-Shirt for my youngster. What was presented to me....A Cumbres and Toltec Scripted across the top of a picture of the Grand Canyon engine #18!!! SAY WHAT! Well to keep my kid happy I bought one anyway.
Unfortunately there are a lot of places where money talks, and realism walks!!!
Greg
PS... I wonder if I should color in that red hat I am wearing in 1956 image(see link)...Shot is really Alamosa, not Durango....Web guy didn't change it!
Subject Author Posted

Greg's Films *PIC*

Les Jarrett December 04, 2002 11:09PM

Mik December 05, 2002 12:01AM

Mike Trent December 05, 2002 08:37AM

Greg Scholl December 05, 2002 09:15AM

Re: Greg's shirt...

Duane Richardson December 06, 2002 12:21AM

Tom Stewart December 07, 2002 08:44AM

Rick Steele December 07, 2002 12:54PM

Duane Richardson December 10, 2002 12:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.