Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Saw these in a Washington storage yard in 2010:

June 30, 2013 10:48AM avatar
Looks like the industrial site on the east end of Pasco, Wa. There is an organization that owned a bunch of historical equipment at that site. I believe it is Washington State Railroads Historical Society. They have a web site I just googled: [www.wsrhs.org] .In their collection is a NG 0-6-0 originally from the Walla Walla and Columbia River RR that was brought back from Alaska and was stored there along with it's repro boilerleft from a failed restoration attempt in Ak. I wonder if these trucks were with it for construction of a tender. Last I new the little engine or what remains of it were moved to a site behind a fence more in downtown Pasco. The website mentioned has the adress of the down town site. At this industrial site there was a std. ga. tank car with a wooden tank. As I visited the site over the years it was sad to see the wooden tank disintigrating in the elements and finally colapse inside itself. My impression was of an organization that had collected more equipment than it could maintain.
Subject Author Posted

Saw these in a Washington storage yard in 2010: Attachments

Popeye8762 June 30, 2013 08:27AM

jim pallow June 30, 2013 09:09AM

J.B.Bane June 30, 2013 10:48AM

bcp June 30, 2013 11:51AM

Popeye8762 June 30, 2013 12:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login