Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ron Ruhoff's SOUNDS FROM THE GEORGETOWN LOOP (PIC)

February 02, 2013 10:01AM avatar
Ron Ruhoff and I have just finished converting his 1984 album, "SOUNDS FROM THE GEORGETOWN LOOP" into a new digital MP3 album. We are offering it on eBay, so with Don Richter's gracious permission, I'll post the link here:
eBay link - SOUNDS FROM THE GEORGETOWN LOOP
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181073486486

Alan

Track listing:

Ron Ruhoff's Sounds from the Georgetown Loop Railroad

1. Full 15 minute ride from high bridge to Silver Plume with microphone located atop tender of engine No. 44. Dee Brown Engineer. 7/17/1984
2. No. 44 with Chris Pease at throttle going uphill around Big Fill and thunderstorm in background above Leavenworth Mountain. Recorded from the I-70 overlook.
3. No. 40 backing down around High Fill and below mine tour stop. Recorded from High Fill.
4. Whistles from Shay No. 8 (high and low) as heard from I-70.
5. Distant whistle of No. 40 from the Big Fill.
6. Recorder located inside circle of Big Fill with No. 40 coming up and around. Notice squirrel scolding train.
7. Microphone located near mine tour stop as No. 40 comes up grade, across trestle, through cut with bell ringing, then on up the Big Fill. Noise from the left speaker is the rushing water of Clear Creek.
8. No. 40 coming upgrade past the mine stop and all the way around the Big Fill. Microphone located in center of Big Fill.
9. Riding behind Shay No. 8 on June 9, 1984.

Ron Ruhoff - Sounds from the Georgetown Loop-3.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2013 10:02AM by AlanD.
Subject Author Posted

Ron Ruhoff's SOUNDS FROM THE GEORGETOWN LOOP (PIC) Attachments

AlanD February 02, 2013 10:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login