Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sort of NNG Re: Cool, yet yucky video!!!

December 17, 2012 12:19PM
Carlos, I realize that there is nothing that you can do, especially when and animal or a person for that mater jumps of drives into the middle of your right-of-way. That is why I think it is good that they have the Operation Life Saver. To help people understand how important it is to have respect for the Trains and the rails they flow on. Its not to much different from owning a Gun and showing respect for it, cuz once that shell is discharged there is no stoping it, so you better know where it is going.

I rode on one of UP's Operation Lifesavers in some post war passenger cars a few year back, UP was using their E-Units and had and A and a B on both ends of the cars. They had camera's mounted on the A units and had the images relayed to two screens in each car so you could see in front and also behind. I was so amazed at how many people still try and out run the train. Even with as little as 3 seconds of clearance. That experiance really made me think twice. I usually stop for trains anyway just to watch them go by. But now even if I know the train hasn't trip the trigger for the lights but is close to it and I know that I can clearly make it. I try and slow down and stop just to try and save the lives of those behind me. I have had many a bird drive past me and heard alot of musical chimes of mixed horns but I think that Safety is First and for most important.

I know of an engineer that hit a car that ran out of gas in a crossing, and it never has left his memory and probably never will. He said that he felt so helpless he had applied the dynamics but you can't just stop steel on steel flying at 65 to 70 MPH. My heart goes out to fellers. Thanks for having the grit to do your jobs the best that you can.
Subject Author Posted

Cool, yet yucky video!!!

C. Llamas December 15, 2012 07:40PM

Re: Cool, yet yucky video!!!

J.B.Bane December 15, 2012 10:37PM

Jim Grigsby December 16, 2012 01:17PM

Casey Akin December 16, 2012 02:03PM

davidtltc December 17, 2012 05:19AM

C. Llamas December 17, 2012 10:49AM

Sort of NNG Re: Cool, yet yucky video!!!

davidtltc December 17, 2012 12:19PM

Jim Herron December 17, 2012 08:47PM

Re: Cool, yet yucky video - as shown by Green Frog

AZfarmer December 17, 2012 10:42PM

Beef: It's whats for dinner! *NM*

hank December 16, 2012 07:51PM

Re: Beef: It's whats for dinner! *NM*

Jeff Ramsey December 16, 2012 10:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login