Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Monero Buzzer?

December 11, 2012 04:11PM
craig
At what location was this information written down? Was it compiled at either Durango, Chama, or Alamosa by one person like a trainmaster after the conductor turned in his records sheets for that one trip? Did each caboose carry a log book that the conductor turned in? FOr the person compliing this data to know about the buzzer sounding in Monero, he would have had to been within earshot of it in order to know the time it sounded. I know there was a bell in the Alamosa office that sounded when a train passed the Big Horn annunciator.

I believe the Monero “buzzer” was wired to the Chama depot and the Chama roundhouse. The Chama operator would notify the dispatcher of the time the buzzer sounded and the dispatcher would enter the time on the train sheet.
I am not sure if the wiring situation changed at a later date.
As to log book. Conductors were required to complete what is called a “Train Delay Report” for each and every trip. It was used by conductors in reporting delays to trains en route. They were required to list all delays separately, showing places, times and causes. This was a multi-part form and at the end of a trip the original was to be delivered to the Chief dispatcher. If tie up was at an away point, report was telegraphed or telephoned to the dispatcher. A copy was provided to trainmaster or superintendent for reviewing train perfomance.

Jimmy
Subject Author Posted

Alamosa December 8 1940

Jimmy Blouch December 08, 2012 10:07AM

Re: Alamosa December 8 1940

Tomstp December 10, 2012 09:28AM

Monero Buzzer?

craig December 10, 2012 11:56AM

Jimmy Blouch December 10, 2012 02:37PM

craig December 11, 2012 09:10AM

Jimmy Blouch December 11, 2012 04:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login