Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The End of Steam is Here

July 13, 2002 04:56PM
I read your long post and two things struck me!
(1) I have no clue as to what your book is about!
(2) The jist of your post is the mechanical department of the C&TS doesn't know anything, to which I strongly disagree. Each CMO I am sure puts down figures on what they suspect engines will cost to repair, when they need repairs, etc. Thats the job of a CMO I would suspect. There have been plans for addressing the short and long term repairs of the engines, and other things within the railroad.
I have also heard Durango has done work for the C&TS, so thats nothing new either.
The one thing I will agree with you on is the post by the guy regarding the Texas State Railroad, and John Wests post, which indicates that the RGRPC packing it in, may not be a bad thing in the long run.
For now I say finish the season and bring as much dough as possible for the RGRPC to cover their debts, and let the chips fall where they may with the new lease agreement and open the bidding. Things will probably work out....I am going with the glass is half full theory. Maybe both since engines have two sight glasses don't theysmiling smiley
Greg Scholl (not a mechanical engineer by trade)
Subject Author Posted

The End of Steam is Here

William L. Petitjean, P.E. July 13, 2002 12:06PM

Greg Scholl July 13, 2002 04:56PM

Gregory Raven July 13, 2002 06:50PM

William L. Petitjean, P.E. July 13, 2002 08:43PM

Greg Scholl July 13, 2002 09:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.