Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 07-03-12 Goose #5 Eastbound

July 05, 2012 09:54AM avatar
Great shots Roger!

Say, do you think there would ever be enough interest for 3 or perhaps all 4 of the large geese operating on the C&TS? I was thinking that in the future with the success of the Goosefest at the CRRM that someday the folks in Telluride and perhaps the CRRM would be willing to ship the 4 and 7 to join the 5. Who knows about Knotts because they do need theirs for their park and I'm sure the same issues would arise that happened with Goosefest so I would not count on the #3.

I know it's a long shot right now but I'm curious if there is enough interest to make it feasible. I figure that's around 90 people per leg per day... For a 4 or 5 day event, that would mean around 450 tickets (not counting repeat riders of course,) It would allow the passengers more options to ride the different motors too, perhaps swapping seats at different run-by locations.

Besides, having the #7 elsewhere for a couple to 3 weeks would give the museum crews time to make the repairs on the tracks that Keith mentioned they need to make. smiling smiley

Well, it's a thought. I'd be interested but would there be another 449 people? smiling smiley

-------------------
Robert Herronen

Builder, Rio Grande Southern R.R. of North Carolina
[rgsrailroadofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com]
Subject Author Posted

07-03-12 Goose #5 Eastbound

Roger Hogan July 04, 2012 07:03AM

hudsonut1 July 04, 2012 08:09AM

Robert Herronen July 05, 2012 09:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login