Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tribute to Ward

July 10, 2002 11:16AM
I was shocked to hear of the passing of Ward since I had not been on line since sunday.Dad and I knew Ward since 1968 when I was not quite 13 years old.Dad had bought a collection of rare toy trains that he had given to me from an auction.I had no idea what they were worth.I was trying to start a new model railroad in our east Pasadena home and needed the money.I had an Ives european
station about 1920 vintage.Somehow Ward heard about it.He sent me a note with his cartoon self portrat asking if I wanted to sell my Ives and vintage american flyer collection.Dad and I had a lasting friendship with Ward for over 34 years.Dad worked on his toy trains,and dad and I helped on the Chloe when he had his railroad parties at his San Gabriel home.Ward also was a very good friend of Chad O'Connor who was responsible for the construction of the replica Jupiter and 119 steam locomotive replicas in which myself and dad worked on the project,dad was shp foreman.Ward was the art supervisor on the project
and we saw much of Ward during the compleation of the locomotives.Ward was a great guy and we will miss him.Our condolences go out to Betty and family.
Subject Author Posted

Tribute to Ward

Phil Reader July 09, 2002 10:33PM

Re: Tribute to Ward

Eric Dowty July 10, 2002 11:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.