Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thank you

June 13, 2002 09:33AM
"I would like to thank those of you on The Lilly who have been so supportive and understanding of the problems at CTSRR."
Jay,
I hate to see you walk away from this board under any circumstances, even if it's only for a little while. However, in you're bon-voyage post you pretty much hit the problem with that quote of yours. You thank everyone for their support, which you clearly have, but then go onto thank for their understanding, which according to you we don't have because we are not all in Charma.
Several years ago a cousin of mine died from lukemia at the very young age of six. Her mother immediatly threw herself into mourning and shut out even her husband and other children. She felt as thoe only she had the right to mourn because it was her daughter that died. That only she knew how great of a loss it was because she was the person closest to her.
The rest of my family tried to sympathize with her, but she still felt that her pain was the worst and would have none of it. Well, she may have been feeling it the worst, but the rest of the family needed to mourn too. Infact the whole community had rallied in fund raisers to pay for my cousins chemotherapy treatments and everyone was devistated by her death.
Just because everyone wasn't at ground zero didn't me we didn't cry and feel a great sense of loss even thoe we didn't feel the exact same as her mother had.
So Jay, everytime you shoot someone down because they offer uninformed advice and they're "not at ground zero" your killing their symphaty and liklyness to support you and the railroad. If their advice is bad, then point out why it is bad, or at the very least offer some reasons and say you'll explaine more later. We all are just trying to help with more than just our paychecks, and now is not the time to turn away help, no matter how misguided.
May the wind always blow at your back,
Curtis F.
PS. If you question the validity of my story you can look into Emma Seaver of Colusa, Ca. and find out about her yourself.
PPS. By-the-way I've ordered a seacon pass, the cost of which is equililent to two working days for me. That's more than just money that everyone is sending, it's apart of their lives.
Subject Author Posted

Thank you

Jaybawb June 13, 2002 06:43AM

Re: Thank you

Curtis F. June 13, 2002 09:33AM

Personal attack cheerfuly ignored

jaybawb June 13, 2002 10:50AM

Oh ,Jay ,have a Fresca !

El Coke June 13, 2002 11:00AM

Where's your website?

John Fisher June 13, 2002 11:08AM

website info

El Coke June 13, 2002 12:43PM

Damn straight is was rude.

jaybawb June 13, 2002 11:18AM

Re: Damn straight is was rude.

Curtis F. June 13, 2002 11:23AM

jaybawb June 13, 2002 11:40AM

Curtis F. June 13, 2002 11:57AM

And the point to all this is?? *NM*

William June 13, 2002 05:08PM

the answer

O. Anderson June 15, 2002 09:28PM

Call this a personal attack if you want

Martin Dickson June 13, 2002 11:53AM

Re: Personal attack cheerfully ignored *NM*

jaybawb June 13, 2002 12:04PM

Re: Personal attack cheerfully ignored

SVR TRAIN NUT June 13, 2002 01:01PM

Right on, Man

Mike Trent June 13, 2002 02:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.