Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Support for the C&TS

Mark Valerius
June 11, 2002 10:17AM
To Jay, Kim, Terri and all who post and lurk here,
I truly believe that the wildfire/dry conditions situation is grave at best, not only in the Chama Valley-Antonito area, but all over Colorado and the central West. In my opinion only, C&TS Friends member or not, I CANNOT fervently call for resumption of railroad service on the C&TS without getting adequate on-site information. To that end I will not speculate further, or offer my own ideas on what is right or wrong about how the situation is being handled. That information is available to the C&TS management, the FS (hopefully), and other local fire and disaster management officials. I support whatever actions the parties involved are working out.
What I will do is contiune to support the railroad, and the local businesses. I will come to Chama, spend my bucks on a motel room, eat in what restaurants can manage to stay open, and shop at the businesses there (I'll go over to Antonito, also). I'll make a contribution to the railroad, either outright or a season pass.
NO MATTER WHAT, with the exception of a full scale shutdown of the area (unlikely, but possible I suppose when you consider what is happening in Glenwood Springs and elsewhere). I will put my money where my mouth is. It may be a small contribution in light of the big picture, but that is my commitment.
I will write to the officials in the mailing lists to encourage the application of Federal disaster relief, etc. In the meantime I am in the process of packing to head West.
More now than probably anytime in the past, including the dark days of two years ago, when MR. B was sent packing, the railroad and the Chama-Antonito area needs the support of everyone who has a love and passion for the trains, the railroad and this wonderful area.
Please show your support in some way, if the trains can't run, come anyway and let us show you around. Please help, not by speculation, hand-wringing, and p***ing matches, but by putting your time and money, whichever you have available to use in support of this great national treasure. Let's don't let this situation put us under!
Goodbye and see you in Chama this Sunday!!!!!!!!
Sincerely, your narrow gauge friend,
Mark Valerius
P.S. My wife and I are bringing my tools, and our checkbook, and our appetites.
Subject Author Posted

News On CTSRR Information Site

jaybawb June 11, 2002 08:51AM

Support for the C&TS

Mark Valerius June 11, 2002 10:17AM

Re: Support for the C&TS

Brian Barr June 11, 2002 02:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.