Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: WP&YR:101cl book,forward *PIC*

May 24, 2002 03:15AM
I,m going to go ahead and post the forward to this book here, and I,d like to hear what you folks want to say. I know its related to diesels, not really the forte of traditional narrow gauge, but its worth sounding out.
Forward
This book is the result of several years of frustration. Very little has been published on modern narrow
gauge operations or rolling stock and this is my effort to alleviate a small part of that need. This is a
book I wish was available when I was just getting out of high school in the early 1980,s. It was sorely
needed then, and I suspect even more so now that the White Pass Railroad has been re-discovered as a
popular tourist attraction. A lot has been covered on this lines early history, particularly its early years
as a gold rush line, on up through its part in the construction of the Alaska Highway. This book is
intended to help modelers and the railbuffs who have a specific interest in locomotives that were built by
The American Locomotive Company, Montreal Locomotive Works, and still later, Bombardier. Provide a
glance at its years as a modern freight hauler.And finally. Provide something of interest for the next
person who is taking an interest in railroads.
Highball
Subject Author Posted

WP&YR:101cl book

joseph wessel May 24, 2002 02:58AM

Re: WP&YR:101cl book,forward *PIC*

joseph wessel May 24, 2002 03:15AM

Re: WP&YR:101cl book,forward

joseph wessel June 01, 2002 01:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.