Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: On3 Rivet Stamping

April 22, 2000 06:26PM
The best method I know about is to using an actual rivet stamping tool made by Northwest Short Line. I know the Whistle Stop Hobby Shop in Pasadena, California used to cary them. Seconly, A method I have used for 35 years is to use a spring loaded center punch and a thick sheet of lead underneath the brass. For the lead, I melted down a bunch of auto wheel weights in an old pot, skimmed off the slag a junk and let it cool so that I had about a quarter inch thick disc about six inches in diameter. The relationship of the lead to the proposed rivit must constantly be moved so that you don't punch into the same area of lead twice.This is tedious and takes some experimentation to get the point shaped right and the spring tension set properly. It is effective on brass up to about .015". Thicker than that is not so good. All of my stuff has been in HO so it may be that your brass sheet is too thick for the latter method to work well. Hope this helps. I'm sure there are others out there that can help you also. Les Clark
Subject Author Posted

On3 Rivet Stamping

Ron Welch April 22, 2000 01:54AM

Les Clark April 22, 2000 06:26PM

Boris Serena April 23, 2000 11:53PM

Les Clark April 26, 2000 04:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.