Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: East Broad Top - Santa Trains

December 29, 2010 06:36PM avatar
William Adams
I have put some of my photos of the East Broad Top's Santa Trains online at:
William Adam's East Broad Top photos

Bill doesn't have a NGDF high post count. For those of you have not yet had the pleasure of meeting him in person, Bill is a member of the Friends of the East Broad Top (FEBT) team known as the Boiler House Rats. Last year, Bill was the driving force behind the restoration of the garage at the EBT's shop complex (IIRC).

Bill also staffs FEBT tables at train shows and drove all the way up to Rockhill Furnance just to get those photos of the EBT's Santa Train. Before taking any of his own photos, he made sure the non-regulars got their shots first before he got his. (Thanks again, Bill!)

Matthew Malk
Oh, if they would only run the Winter Spectaculars again (hint hint).

I missed all the Winter Spectaculars and, like Matthew, I would also love to experience one.

That said, there are a lot of really cool, exciting things happening at the EBT under the stewardship of the East Broad Top Preservation Society. Furthermore, there are a lot of incredible experiences to be had at the EBT during its regular operating days and even more so during FEBT work sessions. My best ever visit was during a FEBT worksession on a non-operating day, when I put the cameras down and picked up some tools.

Here's a link to a FEBT page that lists the dates of their 2011 Work Sessions: Friends of the East Broad Top (FEBT) Restoration Projects

--
Chris Webster
Subject Author Posted

East Broad Top - Santa Trains Attachments

William Adams December 28, 2010 09:17PM

Eldon Elmore December 29, 2010 04:09PM

mfmalk December 29, 2010 05:20PM

lbiemiller December 29, 2010 06:38PM

Chris Webster December 29, 2010 06:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login