Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Montana Southern Rwy

August 06, 2010 11:46AM
Greetings ... I'm brand spanking new to this forum but noticed some previous posts on the Montana Southern Rwy here (rare to find) so I thought I would give it a shot.

I was in Montana recently for the first time in many years checking out what was left of some abandoned mine sites and NG RR remnants. It seems that a lot of the old sites have been reclaimed by Montana DEQ with Superfund money = obliteration of the old buildings, mine tram lines etc.

Questions:

1) When was the old mill at Coolidge, MT (aka Brundy) torn down? It was at the southern terminus of the Montana Southern Rwy between the wye and the small depot foundation. Guess I should have brought a camera with me when I was last there in the 1980s!

2) I have been unable to find any info on the RR facilities at Wise River (aka Allen or Allentown MT) other than textual info stating there was a depot and a photo showing a two stall engine house, tool shed and boilerhouse at the rear with a RIP track beside them.

3) Anyone know if there are ICC valuation maps for the Montana Southern? I was unable to find any reference to them using the US Govt Archive search engine. Perhaps this is because the MTS was constructed near the end of the ICC valuation survey period?

4) Lastly, anyone know what facilities existed at the Montana Southern interchange with the OSL at Divide Montana? I can't find any evidence of a wye once being there. Is the current UP line thru Divide relocated from the original OSL route due to construction of the I-15 = I was looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks in advance,

John G.
Subject Author Posted

Montana Southern Rwy

john g August 06, 2010 11:46AM

Re: Montana Southern Rwy

Ted miles August 09, 2010 04:52PM

John Cole August 09, 2010 06:10PM

Dan Robirds August 10, 2010 09:27AM

john g August 10, 2010 11:10AM

stacktalk2 August 14, 2010 01:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login