Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modeling Content, Kinda: D&RG #168 Frame Extension

October 28, 2021 05:51PM avatar
I'm finalizing a first-cut design of the frame for my HOn3 model of #168. One of the insights I'm working is the frame extension mentioned by Scott Gibbs in this post:

[ngdiscussion.net]

Having read that days before I left for the Friends Charter, I added some front-end shots to my todo list. My essential question was, "how much extension", over what I assume is the un-extended front end of #169. Here's one of the images, screenshotted in a measuring tool:

Screenshot 2021-10-28 171957.jpg

In the screenshot you'll see a blue dimension line, and its measurement in 1:1 and 1:87 in the status bar at the bottom. If you look at the frame member on the opposite side, you can see the design of the extension, a "Z" bar bolted on top of the existing member with the base of the Z extending what looks to be about 10 inches from the end of the original frame. That's how I drew the dimension line on the near member, which is closer to the foot-ruler I used for calibration at the bottom of the screenshot.

Notionally accounting for parallax, I'd conclude the extension was about 10.5-11 inches. Anyone know if I'm in the ballpark here?
Subject Author Posted

Modeling Content, Kinda: D&RG #168 Frame Extension Attachments

Glenn Butcher October 28, 2021 05:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login