Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recent mudslides on the NG

July 29, 2021 05:33PM avatar
Last Saturday (7/24) in Silverton doing work on the SNRR Oil Shed, we had intended to beat the train to lunch as always at 11:30, However, the Diesel train never arrived. We later called lunch at 12, and the word going around town was that a Mudslide on the D&S had prevented the trains from making it to Silverton that day. I later heard from some friends of mine that supposedly this Mudslide was near Milepost 486, and that the Steam and Diesel Silverton trains had been rerouted to Cascade.
I was expecting some photos to eventually appear here or on facebook at some point, but so far nothings surfaced as far as I know. Anyone else hear anything similar?

And then later the next day, A photo was posted of 168 in the mud as well somewhere. Most of the photos I've seen of her since then have had some brown spots on the left of her pilot. Does anyone have any more info about this too?

Certainly seems these recent monsoonal rains have been causing a lot of havoc, tearing down the bondad tank and causing these mudslides. But we have been needing the rainfall regardless...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2021 07:04PM by Joe Weigman.
Subject Author Posted

Recent mudslides on the NG

Joe Weigman July 29, 2021 05:33PM

Re: Recent mudslides on the NG Attachments

Dick Bell July 29, 2021 06:28PM

Re: Recent mudslides on the NG

Chris Walker July 29, 2021 06:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login