Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RE: In the (Tender) Doghouse on (Green?) #489 ...

February 22, 2010 12:48AM avatar
Hi, Greg -

Or to quote someone from IIRC The Fifties - and I don't remember who's song it wuz -
"Why's ever-buddy alluz pickin' on me?"

Jist on account of I am a strong advocate for odd-ball - BUT ALWAYS AUTHENTIC - histörical
re-enactments as a means of attracting increased numbers of videe-ogaphers, rail-fans, pho-tee-
graphers and jist plane foamers to special events on the C&TS don't mean I should ALWAYS be
the butt of they're jokes ...   eye rolling smiley

Also, even though I'm pretty sure that the money-grubbing insurants industry has pretty much killed off some of the more enjoyable - and rather dangerous - aspects of railfan enjoyment of charters on various narry-gage railroads, you MIGHT be aloud to ride on the tender - butt ONLY if you promise to abide by safety regulations and remain INSIDE the Doghouse, with your seat-belt buckled!!   (It could possibly be O-K if you open the door in order to get better videos, but IMHO you'd better double-check with the C&TS Special Projects Coordinator before arranging for your flight plans and housing.)

On the other hand, being an eternal optimist (and privy to intercepted secret communications between key members of the narry-gage fraternity of Artists, Curmudgeons, Hotel Owners, Museum Directors, Photographers and other Weirdos) - I have knot yet given up on #489 being granted an authentic D&RGW 'Dark Olive Green Boiler Jacket Enamel' paint scheme for at least a few days - and hopefully a couple of months - in late May, 2010, in commemoration of her outing with a Rocky Mountain RR Club excursion in May, 1950 - and very probably until her next major shopping ...

IIRC - as shown in your photos - #499 was similarly adorned with authentic D&RGW 'Dark Olive Green Boiler Jacket Enamel' in 1949.

THANKS FOR POSTING!!

- Russo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 12:56AM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

499 maybe Green for Russ Attachments

Greg Scholl February 20, 2010 02:27PM

Re: 499 maybe Green for Russ

Greg Scholl February 21, 2010 11:36AM

RE: In the (Tender) Doghouse on (Green?) #489 ...

Russo Loco February 22, 2010 12:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login