Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merry Christmas from Gato 1966

December 22, 2009 12:02PM
I was doing some cleaning in the office and ran across the B&W print yesterday. Had my wife scan it on a flatbed then ran it through photoshop to clean it up a little. This was shot in Gato(Pagosa Junction) at the end of our chase. My brother, dad, and I spent time at the Ranch(Ah Wilderness), and dad checked with the RG about freight moves. Not much was happening. Randy and I stayed an extra day at the ranch, but dad left early, and chased a work train to Farmington that had a crane. He took movies but all were double exposed. Anyway once we left the ranch, we heard about another odd move which was a water train.
This train departed durango sometime during the morning. We chased it over the line toward Chama, as far as Gato, then left. We could not chase it further cause the roads were not really there, but I am not sure if this train ended at Gato, or went on someplace else further east. I assume this was June. I mention the work train, cause maybe someone there with records might help me to pinpoint the date for this shot, and the destination and circumstances behind this 2-car water train. The first car was a cut-down boxy little former tender(or it seemed to me to be a former tender), and the second one looked like one of the rotary type water cars. Both were silver or gray as I remember.
I was 15 when this was shot, so this was before 35mm for me. This is one of the reasons 484 is my favorite of the bunch.
Happy Holidays from the Scholl family.
Greg Scholl
484 Gato scan edited full web.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Merry Christmas from Gato 1966 Attachments

Greg Scholl December 22, 2009 12:02PM

Re: Merry Christmas from Gato 1966

BillD December 22, 2009 02:11PM

Jimmy Blouch January 01, 2010 11:43AM

Greg Scholl January 02, 2010 08:40AM

Jimmy Blouch January 02, 2010 09:11PM

Greg Scholl January 03, 2010 07:40AM

CharlieMcCandless January 02, 2010 07:50PM

Jimmy Blouch January 02, 2010 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login