Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kansas Central/LK&W field trip

October 16, 2001 04:00AM
The Topeka Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society will have an auto field trip on Saturday November 10, 2001 to follow, photograph and visit the right of way and depot sites of the long-gone Kansas Central narrow gauge starting at Valley Falls (originally Grasshopper Falls) and going as far west as is practical, probably Onaga or Blaine. Tour starts in Topeka at the parking lot of Gage Bowl North, located on the north side of US-24, just east of Kansas Ave. The tour group will leave at 8:00 a.m. and proceed to Valley Falls. We plan to return between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. If you would like to join us, you would be most welcome. However, we would ask that you notify me of your intentions for two reasons: (1)so that we can advise the small town cafe, in advance, of the number in our group in order that they be prepared to serve a large group and (2) in case of foul weather, the trip will be postponed until spring and if I know you plan to attend, I will advise you ahead of time in order that you don't show up and no one is there. Please give me your name and e-mail address and phone number. Questions are welcome to my email, off list.
Subject Author Posted

Kansas Central/LK&W field trip

Art Gibson October 16, 2001 04:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.