Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Como Station

October 13, 2009 04:56PM
Note one thing about your photo, the difference in height of the land is in the old and new. according to David, snow plows in the area would pile snow up in front of the depot after abandonment. This snow had dirt in it and when it melted it left extra dirt. The original grade is actually is 2 to three feet down. He plans to regrade this area when he gets funds. He also says he has considered laying track from the depot to the turntable. Restore the turntable, bring #9 over, run it "on air"or oil, and run it back and forth while at the same time has a very sutiable shelter from the Weather. Just a thought. To bad you missed out on the food its great. If you are an the area again may I sugest the Como Burger. Also, the grade from Como to Kenosha is all still there but from Como to Jefferson the are telephone poles driven right in the middle. This summer I was driving with a group to go camping and we had a flat tire. We pulled over into a drive way to a ranch and there was the grade with a huge chunck cut out to allow the Drive way have a level entrance. There was also a very different sculpture built on one side right smack on the grade. It also goes through much private property may I ad.
Subject Author Posted

Como Station

drgw480 October 11, 2009 09:33PM

South Park October 11, 2009 11:25PM

Linn W. Moedinger October 12, 2009 05:27AM

southparkline1 October 12, 2009 07:39AM

FordCVP71 October 12, 2009 07:50AM

southparkline1 October 12, 2009 07:34PM

Will Gant October 13, 2009 01:13PM

Re: Como Station Attachments

Erik Priess October 13, 2009 01:30PM

southparkline1 October 13, 2009 04:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login