Richard Boulware
September 13, 2001 08:55PM
Mr. Andrew (NCNG9), I bear you no ill will. I don't know you. I guessed you were young by your youthful idealism. I have no idea how old you are, and don't really care.
You attacked me personally with the insult of calling me "BoBo". You are forgiven. Although you are unaware, the privilidge of calling one by his Navy aviation callsign, is a priviledge allowed only to one of the 'family'. Squadron, crew, AC commander or others. I'm sure CJ will confirm this. I offered and volunteered my callsign information in a spirit of informality and friendship last year. CJ did the same, in the spirit of good will. My callsign was "Bo". My starboard wingman was "Mennehune" (Men-e-HUGH-ne")
and my port wingman was "Shark". We earned those call signs in honorable service to our country, and we are all damed proud of it. I know you are not aware of this, and I forgive you for your lack of knowledge.
I don't want anyhbody 'nuked'. I've been up close and personal to those weapons and what they produce. I don't want civilians killed, but in war, some collaterial damage will always occur.
Civilians will be killed, and it is a tragic fact of war. We ARE at war. Just tonight the FBI arrested more bad guys at JFK and La Guardia...and is probably the remnants or the second stage of the Assault on America. This is not a war of ideas. It is a war of killing and destruction. It is a war of good vs. evil...and the sides are clearly defined. You cannot re-educate a madman. It is futile endeavor.
You are fogiven for your personal insult. I admire your youthful idealism, but it will change as the reality of the modern world gives you the maturity to better understand the complexities of the real world. I would like to end this thread with a wish for your good health, good fortune, and good wishes. Richard Boulware, Lt. USN, Patrol Squadron 28, under service to the Fleet Intelligence Center, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii & Naval Air Station, Barbers Point, Hawaii. (Detachment Alpha, Taipei, Formosa)
Subject Author Posted

A final kind thought!

Richard Boulware September 13, 2001 08:55PM

Anger and Frustration

Mike Trent September 13, 2001 09:20PM

You are a bigger man than I

RD Mercer September 14, 2001 08:45AM

a bigger man

Mik September 14, 2001 10:28AM

tired of bo

JB September 14, 2001 08:52AM

Re: tired of bo

Bob Keller September 14, 2001 10:06AM

Steffen Rosmus September 14, 2001 10:46AM

Banning anybody

Don Richter September 14, 2001 04:47PM

Bob Walker September 16, 2001 07:55PM

Re: A final kind thought!

ncng9 September 14, 2001 01:14PM

Richard Boulware September 14, 2001 04:06PM

Bob Walker September 18, 2001 04:08PM

Really--A final thought!

william September 19, 2001 01:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.