Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any videos about Colorado NG history?

December 01, 2010 05:33PM
There are a bunch of 'historic footage' chasing-type videos out there of operations on the various narrow gauge railroads in Colorado (I have a few), but are there any good videos done in a documentary style? Something along the lines of the FEBT-produced "EBT: A Living Landmark" video if anyone's familiar with that...starts with black and white photographs and narration describing what conditions spurred the construction of the railroad, then progressing through the different eras the railroad experienced (financial ups and downs, changing traffic/industry, equipment), ending with color video of later common carrier operations, then how it lives today as a tourist railroad.

I'm looking for a history of the D&RG(W)'s narrow gauge system, but it might take on a number of forms:

-history of the entire D&RG(W) (narrow and standard gauge up to the SP/UP mergers)
-history of the D&RG(W) narrow gauge (a story that might end with the tourist railroads)
-history of Colorado narrow gauge in general (which might include C&S, RGS, how they interacted, etc)

Or is that too much ground to cover to do any of it justice? As I see from searches there are entire books dedicated just to divisions. I'll probably be looking for some books too, but will start another thread for that madness!

Thanks for the help!
Ray Davidowski
Subject Author Posted

Any videos about Colorado NG history?

EBTMikes December 01, 2010 05:33PM

Re: Any videos about Colorado NG history?

Greg Scholl December 02, 2010 07:31AM

Jerry Day December 03, 2010 01:58PM

K-27 Afficianado December 03, 2010 06:31PM

John Cole December 03, 2010 10:09PM

K-27 Afficianado December 03, 2010 10:19PM

jvliet December 04, 2010 08:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login