Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for C&S Historical Society documents

January 13, 2010 02:23PM avatar
I'm looking for some contact information for the person who is running this group now, if it still exists, or the name of someone who could help me to find a photograph.

I have been looking for several years for a picture of the depot at Platte Canon/Waterton. I have never been able to find a picture in any of the DSP&P / C&S books that most of us are familiar with. I plan to model the station in 1/48 scale, and I am looking for details like window and door locations, etc.

I was recently looking through materials at the Denver Water Board records library, and they had a document in a red three-ring binder that was created by the C&S Historical Society. It was for an August 3rd, 1996 field trip up Waterton Canyon, and the author's name is Paul Howald. He is also listed as the president of the Society. The document gave an excellent description of a trip up the canyon, and contained photocopies of several maps and pictures.

The picture that interests me is referenced as being from a publication called "An Excursion up South Platte Canyon", by Joel Feldman, published in 1976. The photograph in question is noted as being on page 9. It is titled "South Platte Canyon Station" and shows a view looking down on the front of the station from the hill across the tracks from it, and there are several passenger cars stored on the siding in front of it. I believe that the date the picture was taken was 1939. Unfortunately, no details can be made out due to the quality of the photocopy, but this is exactly the picture that I have been hoping to find for years.

Does anyone have contact information for Mr. Howald or Mr. Feldman or someone who might know how to locate them so that I could try to procure a photograph or negative of this rare picture?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Norm Acker
Subject Author Posted

Looking for C&S Historical Society documents

NormAcker January 13, 2010 02:23PM

Re: Looking for C&S Historical Society documents

Rick Steele January 14, 2010 11:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login