Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The last two weeks at Knotts!

December 24, 2008 05:46PM avatar
Well the last two weeks have been very busy with the toys for tots thing. And the rain, and cold made things interesting. Last time I said it was getting cold, well it got colder. Just about every day there is frost on the ties, and the water that overflows from the injectors on the ties freezes. Some of you guys wanted to know how cold it was, last time i posted it was like mid 40s well yesterday it was 36. Berr. Anyway things are progressing on the fourney. We finally got the air compressor to cycle. And the Y pipes are back in. 340 is still out and happy to be. 41 is inside, warm and dry.(just the way I like her) Not a dry boiler, just out of the rain.

Well here are some pics from last week.

I took this one last Monday when it was raining. I took the wreath off because I wanted too and I also turned the dynamo on for the headlight. I liked the way these pics came out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I made this one a sepia. Thought it would look neat.
Photobucket

Now these pics are from a non rainy day opening shift, but man was it cold. You can see the frost on the ties on the first pic.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this last pic was taken along western Ave or as I say the bask stretch. There was a stairway that goes up the side of the building and I ran up it and took this shot.
340 is fun to have out for the hoidays, being green she is a little more festive.
Photobucket
Well I wish every one a very merry christmas, and a happy new year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 05:49PM by Jeff Taylor.
Subject Author Posted

The last two weeks at Knotts!

Jeff Taylor December 24, 2008 05:46PM

Re: The last two weeks at Knotts!

CodyAkin December 24, 2008 06:05PM

orangerail December 24, 2008 08:48PM

Larry Spencer December 24, 2008 11:58PM

mesaman3000 December 25, 2008 09:41AM

tomc December 25, 2008 10:49AM

Jeff Taylor December 25, 2008 12:47PM

mesaman3000 December 25, 2008 09:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login