Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Passing of Bob Shank, Sr.

December 01, 2008 04:50PM avatar
After finishing up college at Ft. Lewis in Durango, I worked for Bob at the Durango Hobby Shop between substitute teaching assignments and before working on the D&S. He and I agreed alot on the hobby buisness (I grew up at my dads shop, Little Town Hobbies in Littleton, CO) and we tried alot of differnt ideas to help the buisness. It was great fun and I learned many things from Bob. He and I would spend lots of time on slow days talking about the Narrow Gauge, Colorado History, Model Railroading and life. He and his wife Dorthy (a wonferful woman) were the first to congratulate my wife and I when we were engaged and quick to make sure we had everything after we were married.

I had not seen Bob in almost 15 years, but communicated through Don and Bob Jr. during my buisness with them. Two weeks ago, I was helping at the RGM&HS Table at the Train Show in Denver and up walked both Bob Sr and Bob Jr. I can not tell you what a treat it was to see Mr. Shank again after all these years. We caught up with Lon Wilson (the owner of Durango Hobbies) and had a wonderful visit!

I am so thankful that i got to see him one last time!

Rest in peace Mr. Shank, you will be missed!
Subject Author Posted

Passing of Bob Shank, Sr.

Herb Kelsey December 01, 2008 03:37PM

Mike Trent December 01, 2008 04:05PM

MD Ramsey December 01, 2008 04:50PM

Re: Passing of Bob Shank, Sr. Attachments

Stephen Peck December 02, 2008 09:11AM

Fritz Klinke December 02, 2008 07:15PM

jalbers December 02, 2008 09:13AM

AZfarmer December 04, 2008 12:29AM

geode December 05, 2008 10:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login