Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: video

July 11, 2001 09:08PM
Some years ago we bought my dad the RGS video put out by Sunday Rivers. I can't remember what it was we didn't like about it. Maybe it was the fact it was mostly special trains, or the quality, I can't remember. That said, I think it was all 8mm, and of course dubbed sound, which is to be expected. Given the nature of RGS and when it quit running, my feeling is that anything on the subject is probably worth purchasing cause its all quite historic, so I won't knock it thats for sure.
As for Farmington, we have a bit of 478 on a pipe train down, and empty boxes back north in June 1968, that my brother shot(he was 15). We got all that and my dads 8mm transfered to tape over the past 12 months, and waiting for Earl to have some time to help with some side-bar info to spice up the script. Right now he has a little thing called working on the railroad to occupy his time.
Another video which might be of interest is one we sell, that was originally a Green Frog production....called "Colorado Narrow Gauge", and it is distributed by Madacy Entertainment...Sells for $19.95(see American Steam series on our web site). Whats unique about it is that it depicts the 3 day Rocky Mountain Railroad Club trip from Alamosa to Durango and Silverton, and Return in 1965. This turns out to be the last passenger runs essentially over the Alamosa to Durango portion. Shot by Emery Gulash, and all lineside shots at the accessible locations, and includes some between Chama and Durango. All shot on 16mm with dubbed sound...45 minutes.
Steamingly,
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

video

DvV July 11, 2001 05:16PM

Fred T July 11, 2001 06:23PM

Don Sharer July 11, 2001 08:39PM

Greg Scholl July 11, 2001 09:08PM

jim July 11, 2001 10:38PM

Herb Kelsey July 12, 2001 12:06AM

Mark Petersen July 12, 2001 04:57AM

DVD

Greg Scholl July 12, 2001 05:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.