Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Document this Stuff !

September 07, 2008 07:06PM
I concur with Bill. Please find a way to save this information.

I myself have written a book on the Gainesville Midland Railroad and several associated railroads that were 36" gauge, 56.5" gauge and 60" gauge. I have a great amount of maps of the railroads included in the books.

I chose to self publish (often called print-on-demand or vanity-publishing). So my first book cost about $2700.00 to print. I have sold some 500 with about a $17 profit on each book.

My second book cost me some $2500 to get the first book and I've sold some 700 copies at about $12.50 profit on each.

If you are interested in a book approach, feel free to back-channel me and I'll answer questions based on my experience.

I have also been scanning Official Railway Guides, Official Railway Equipment Registers, Official Registers of Passenger Train Equipment as well as track charts, maps, and ZTS for sale on CD via my Ebay store. If anyone wants something scanned and preserved for the future, that is my goal. Please feel free to contact me back channel. I am making a little money on the CDs but it is mainly a public service to save information.

You can do it yourself or find someone who will do it.

Thanks.

Doug
Subject Author Posted

Document this Stuff !

drgw0579 September 07, 2008 06:39PM

dougvv September 07, 2008 07:06PM

Don Richter September 10, 2008 04:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login