Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Document this Stuff !

September 07, 2008 06:39PM avatar
With the passing of John Norwood, this is just a reminder that we are quickly losing a lot of the hands knowledge of the D&RGW narrow gauge. The internet is great for sharing information on a realtime basis, but in 10 years it's unlikely any of the information you are reading today will be accessible. Anything you copy to a CD, including your prized photos will probably be hard to retrieve in 30 years without special work.

One of the things I've been experimenting with is taking my photographs and knowledge in my brain, and creating a book using www.blurb.com. It's not hard to do, and much more predictable than if you tried to work with a publishing house that wanted to make a lot of money. You can create these works just for yourself and all you have to do is print one copy on for your bookshelf. Or you might open it up for general sales and let your friends or others with the same interests have the opportunity to acquire a copy. You might make enough money to cover your costs, but you aren't going to get rich.

Anybody wanting more information, contact me at drgw0579@comcast.net. This is not meant to be an advertisement, and I'm sure there are other services that do the same things. For an example of what can be done, see the link at [drgw0579.home.comcast.net].

Bill Kepner
Subject Author Posted

Document this Stuff !

drgw0579 September 07, 2008 06:39PM

Re: Document this Stuff !

dougvv September 07, 2008 07:06PM

Re: Document this Stuff !

Don Richter September 10, 2008 04:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login