Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Goose video's posted

July 26, 2008 08:25AM
Thanks for posting your videos John. I videoed 1982 through 1996, and after the third microphone upgrade, could never really get rid of wind noise on C&TS, although I did manage to filter out the guys in the photo line next to me, me still filming, and they start yaking about how much they know, etc, etc. But I never really got control of the wind noise. There has gotta be a way, because recent video by network news stations covering hurricane Dolly have wind noise in their clips, but it is reduced so as not to interfer the subjects voice. I'm not video filming anymore, but knowing what a commitment it takes to video a historic runby that may never be repeated in the future, rather than enjoying the moment through eyes rather than a lens, as any noise close to the video microphone drowns out everything else. The advantages of video vs stills is, movement AND sound. There is no legitimate comparison. Would you rather read the newspaper or watch the news on TV, I'd bet it's less than 1/2 & 1/2, in favor of TV. I was always disapointed when viewing my tapes of a triple header whistleing the movements to get the train across Lobato trestle compared to in person being there to hear the 1/2 that never got on tape. So the reason for this post is that with the great digital video cameras available today with image stabilization, that the sound being the weakest link but 1/2 the advantage of video over stills, needs some more bucks spent on it to be a really outstanding video. Just try not to stumble over a tripod leg while panning.
In hopes that better video will result,

George
Subject Author Posted

Goose video's posted

CAJONJP July 25, 2008 08:06AM

geode July 26, 2008 08:25AM

Herb Kelsey July 26, 2008 04:45PM

round_house July 27, 2008 07:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login