Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Information on NG railroad CDs

July 07, 2008 05:45AM
Hi,

I have a fairly extensive offering of CDs at my Ebay store. I had an unusual request from one potential buyer that was a rather good suggestion for a new product line. He requested a CD of Timetables, and Equipment lists on the Clinchfield RR (1909-1982).

The information I drew on was from Official Guides (OG), Official Railway Equipment Registers (ORER), and Official Registers of Passenger Train Equipment (ORPTE).

I have seen D&RG/D&RGW timetables in the OGs as well as equipment listing (NG and SG). I have (from time to time) posted excerpts from these manuals for the D&RGW, C&S, EBT and so forth.

I was wondering who might be interested in a CD like this and for which railroads. If there is enough interest, I will be glad to compile this.

The Clinchfield RR CD lists for $15.49. I would assume that the narrow gauge CDs would be in the same range for a single CD set. Higher for more CDs per set.

Obviously, from this board, there is a lot of information about the Friends of the C&TS. If I do manufacture this CD and you mention the Friends of the C&TS, I would be willing to donate $1.00 of the purchase price to the 483 fund.

I could offer the same for other historical groups if it is desired and there is enough interest. [I would not make the offer if it was a total of say $5-10.00 per year]

This is just an idea. If you want to discuss it here, fine (discussions might lead to a better product). It is not a direct fit with this forum but a tangent. If you feel better, please contact me back channel.

One last item, I have seven (7) CDs available for $9.99 each on the Pennsylvania Railroad with track diagrams, timetables, operators instructions, and other memorabilia. If Enough people have interest, I will be glad to supply a C&S or EBT CD like this.

My personal goal is to keep the information saved in a digital format so it can not be lost. The information is easily distributed and less expensive for those that do not need to have or can afford the originals. I also making a little money off of this. I am just about to get into the kit business. My PRR E44 conversion kit for the Bachmann E33 is where I hope to make a profit. I was at one time interested in making a K-27 model but I missed the window by quite a bit 8O

Thanks for your time.

Doug vV
Subject Author Posted

Information on NG railroad CDs

dougvv July 07, 2008 05:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login